If you want an amazing holiday, you should visit the beautiful islands of Fiji. Situated in the South Pacific, these islands possess friendly people, diverse cultures, excellent cuisine and fun things to do. One of the areas of Fiji to visit is Sun Coast.
Where is Sun Coast?
Sun Coast is runs alongside the northern portion of Viti Levu. It is a stretch of highway connecting Nadi and Suva. You can take a picturesque drive through the Sun Coast area and enjoy stunning scenery.
Things to see in Sun Coast
Sun Coast is home to quaint villages, stunning landscapes and towering mountain peaks. Some of the things to see in Sun Coast include:
• Navala Village: This gorgeous village will take you back in time. It does not possess the modern conveniences, so most structures are made of bure. Walking around the area is a fascinating experience. You are required to pay a fee to enter the city.
• Tavua: This charming town includes Indian shops and friendly locals.
• Nakauvudra Mountains: You can take a two-hour hike to the summit of the highest mountain in Fiji, mount Tomanivi. The views from the top are spectacular.
• Nananu-i-Ra Island: This small island along Sun Coast possesses a relaxed atmosphere. You can snorkel, windsurf, kite surf or hike.
Getting to Sun Coast
You will not find any airstrips into Sun Coast, so you will need to enter the area through bus or mini van. You can find local busses traveling the area that make frequent stops along Sun Coast.
Accommodations on Sun Coast
You can find numerous hotels in Sun Coast:
• Wananava Beach Resort: This small resort offers great views and a secluded atmosphere. You can enjoy snorkeling, kayaking and scuba diving while staying at this Sun Coast resort.
• Rakiraki: While staying at this Sun Coast hotel, you can enjoy tennis, snorkeling and sightseeing.
• Safari Lodge: This is a great place for windsurfing and kitesurfing.
• Tavua Hotel: This cheap hotel, located in Tavua, offers a swimming pool and dining facility